Submitted by jimmybritt on Wed, 02/01/2012 - 10:01am.
90-Day Tithe Challenge
GOAL: We want to challenge you to start tithing and see God begin blessing your life as you commit to healthy financial stewardship.
How? We’re asking you to commit to give 10% of your total income for the next 90 days and give it to God through the church. If not a full tithe, then just give something to get started.
Submitted by jimmybritt on Tue, 08/28/2012 - 7:06am.
Hey Rocky River Church. I'm very excited to be blogging again. Thanks for stopping by.
On Sunday (August 26) I challenged folks in our church to pray for our church, community and the move of God for the next 30 days. This prayer movement is all about asking God to continue to move in our church and community to change lives and bring people into His Kingdom. I believe God is preparing us for His greatest work in the life of our church. Thank you for praying. Thank you for loving Jesus. Thank you for loving our church and loving people who are disconnected from God. I believe God wants to do things in our church that will amaze us. Get ready!
Here is Day 1:
Today's Scripture is Psalm 150:1-6 (NIV)
1 Praise the Lord.
Be sure to stop by each day for the next 30 days for daily prayer topics and prayer Scriptures.
Thanks again. I love you guys! So glad to be serving Jesus with you.
Submitted by jimmybritt on Mon, 12/09/2013 - 8:41am.
This is an excerpt for Sunday's message at Rocky River Church.
You matter to God. Having Peace with God begins with realizing that He loves you. And He loves us unconditionally - no matter who you are, no matter where you've been, no matter what you've done in life and no matter what has been done to you.
There are 3 UNCHANGEABLE TRUTHS about God's love for you. Here they are:
1. You will never fully understand just how much Jesus loves you. Humanly speaking, it’s incomprehensible. He died for you. Think about that. You can't understand Christmas and all that it means unless you look at it through the cross. The cross reminds us of how much God loves us. Anytime you feel like you're not valuable - or that your life doesn't matter - look at the cross and remember that Jesus gave His life for you. That is how valuable you are - that's how much you matter. He loves you!
2. There is nothing you could ever do to make Jesus love you more than He already does. Jesus's love for you is not measured by the good things you do - or don't do.
3. There is nothing you can ever do that will make Jesus love you any less than He does right now. Jesus's love is not fickle like human love. He doesn't love us one day and not the next.
Jesus loves us. He loves you. And His love for us is not based on the value the world assigns us. Okay, so maybe you’re not so valuable to the people around you. Maybe you’ve been disappointed in the past – and even hurt – by people who told you they love you but it turns out they really did not. Maybe the people who were supposed to love you and care for you are the ones who hurt and abused you. They didn’t treat you like a treasure. Jesus is different! He loves you unconditionally.
John 3:16 says it best, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you today. I hope that during the Christmas season - right now - you will experience the love of Jesus in your life.
Jimmy Britt, Lead Pastor
Submitted by jimmybritt on Thu, 01/09/2014 - 7:15am.
Lets Go To The NEXT LEVEL!
Hey Rocky River Church. I want to see God move and do amazing things in my life, your life and the life of our church. If you want the same, then take the NEXT LEVEL Challenge with my family and me.
The NEXT LEVEL Challenge is a 90-day spiritual growth campaign. My family has committed to make and keep 7 commitments over the next 90 days that we believe will take our lives to the NEXT LEVEL. We invite you to join us. Here are the 7 commitments:
1. Commit to weekly worship. The Bible says in Hebrews 10:25, “And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.” Make a commitment to worship the LORD and gather with His people on Sundays. If you’re not sick or out of town, be at Rocky River Church – Sundays at 9:00AM or 10:45AM.
2. Read all four Gospels. There is a combined total of 89 chapters in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Read one chapter a day. BibleGateway.com has several audio versions of the Bible. Here’s a link biblegateway.com/resources/audio/. You can also find other electronic versions of the Bible at YouVersion.com.
3. Sign up to participate in a Rock Group (a small group fellowship). In February 2014 we are going to do a church-wide campaign called “What On Earth Am I Here For.” There will be groups all over Cabarrus County for you to connect with. And hey, you can even start your own group. For more information about how to connect with a Rock Group send an email to Donnie@RockyRiverChurch.com.
4. Give a tithe to the LORD. Many of us are struggling financially today. I am convinced that is true because we do not honor God with our money. The word “tithe” is derived from the Hebrew word “ma’aser” and it literally means a tenth. Ten percent of everything belongs to the Lord. In Malachi 3:10-11, God says, “10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! 11 Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease. Your grapes will not fall from the vine before they are ripe,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.” The ‘storehouse’ is the Old Testament picture of the New Testament church. So as New Testament believers, we worship the Lord with the tithe or the ten percent.
Here is one more important thing about tithing. As best I can tell, tithing is the only place where God says for us to put Him to the test. He literally says, “Try it! Put Me to the test!” Giving away 10% of your income is a big – and perhaps frightening – commitment. So I’m asking you to put God to the test over the next 90 days and then evaluate your life to see if God has blessed you – or not.
To start tithing, you can giving safely and securely online by going to RockyRiverChurch.com/give and following the simple directions. You can also give on Sundays at the end of our worship services or you can mail in your tithe check to Rocky River Church, PO Box 68, Harrisburg, NC 28075.
5. Sign up to SERVE at Rocky River Church. I’m asking you to give one hour a month each month until Easter. Just sign up to serve wherever you are needed. This is important for several reasons but one of them is that you will never feel like Rocky River Church is your home church until you are connected to a Service Team helping us fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.
6. Participate in one Missions Event over the next 90 days. There will be a number of projects for you to participate in such as our “Gas Buy Down” where we give gas away to single moms and dads in our community.
7. Get physical. While you are getting healthy spiritually I want to challenge you to get healthy physically too. The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, “Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.”
Let me recommend these books to guide you to better physical health:
I believe you will NOT be disappointed by participating in these 7 commitments! I want to encourage you to keep a journal, keeping track of the amazing things God is doing in your life.
The staff and I believe this will be the best and biggest year of growth that Rocky River Church has ever experienced and we are praying the same for your life as well.
BTW, I'd love to know you are taking the challenge so drop me an email at Jimmy@RockyRiverChurch.com.
PS. This Sunday we continue our message series called "NEXT LEVEL LIVING." This series is dedicated to helping you live out your full redemptive potential in life. I hope to see you Sunday at 9:00AM or 10:45. Click here for step-by-step directions from your doorstep to ours. http://rockyriverchurch.com/directions
Submitted by jimmybritt on Sat, 01/11/2014 - 10:40am.
STOP READING RIGHT NOW if you are completely satisfied with your life and you believe you are living your life at the highest level. If you believe you are living the life God created you to live, then back away from this post. If you are living out God's fullest redemptive potential for your life, just go to Facebook and tell us all about it. HOWEVER, if you think you could be a better person, live a fuller life, have a greater faith, and if you believe there is a NEXT LEVEL to reach in your life with God, then keep reading. This is a 90-day spiritual growth plan that will take your life to the NEXT LEVEL. Come on…you can do this!
Who's Jimmy Britt?
Jimmy Britt is the Lead Pastor at Rocky River Community Church in the Charlotte Metro area. R2C2 is a place for people, no matter who they are or where they’ve been. We are a church for people; that’s it, plain and simple.