Submitted by jimmybritt on Mon, 02/03/2014 - 2:49pm.
I am sitting in my office this morning listening to our kids in our Preschool in the next room sing songs about Jesus and it thrills me. It almost (ALMOST) makes me wish I had another preschool-aged child just so I could enroll her at The Bridge Academy Preschool. I just couldn't be more proud of this program. So, I thought I'd just give a shout out to parents in the area who may be looking for a great Preschool program for their child.
The Bridge Academy Preschool offers early childhood education for one, two, three, four and five year old children in a loving, nurturing environment through Biblically based teaching. We offer flexible scheduling and several different payment options. We also offer family discounts too.
Of course, a Preschool is only as good as its leadership so let me tell you about our Director, Cynthia Philipps. Cynthia has 7 years experience as a director and teacher. She has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Erskine College and has also studied at the American University in Aix-en-Provence, France. She is smart, talented, creative, and an energetic leader. You and your child will love her. We are proud to have Cynthia on our team!
We are now taking applications for enrollment. To get your child signed up or to simply get more information, contact Cynthia by emailing her at email@example.com, or you can call her directly at 980-622-2088.
Our dream at Rocky River Church has always been to be a church that adds value to our community. This Preschool is one more way we doing just that.
P.S. - The Bridge Academy Preschool is sponsored by Rocky River Church located at 887 Pitt School Road, Concord, NC 28027. The contact number for the church is 704-795-ROCK. Also, check us out at www.RockyRiverChurch.com.
Submitted by jimmybritt on Tue, 01/28/2014 - 6:06am.
Boker Tov Rocky River Church! (Boker Tov = "good morning" in Hebrew) I hope this post finds you all doing well. I am having a great time of learning and spiritual renewal here in Israel - the Holy Land. For several days I have toured the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem with a friend and archaeologist and the things I've seen and learned have been mind-blowing. I can't wait to share with you all the things I've been learning and seeing when I return home. I will be traveling home this Friday (January 31st) and I can't wait to see you all THIS SUNDAY! God has put a message in my heart that I'm so excited to share with you.
Also, I want to thank you for your prayers for me as I travel. Me, Karen, Annie and James are SO TRULY blessed to serve The Lord with you and to be a part of all that God is doing "in" and "through" us as a church. God bless you. I'll see you in the lobby or on the patio this Sunday at the 9:00AM or 10:45AM service. Shalom Ya'll! (Shalom = "hello" "goodbye" or "peace" in Hebrew).
Jimmy Britt, Lead Pastor
P.S. - I have included a link below that is an invite video to Rocky River Church. Feel free to pass it along to your friends, family members and neighbors as a way to invite them to church this weekend.
Submitted by jimmybritt on Thu, 01/16/2014 - 10:09pm.
Submitted by jimmybritt on Wed, 01/15/2014 - 11:03am.
I love the Boss - Bruce Springsteen. One of my favorite songs of all time is "Born To Run." Talk about a love song that guys can like (fast cars and girls). Anyway, this song is about more than a girl named Wendy and hot rods (suicide machines). It's about a guy who knows that there is more to life the dead-end one he's living. I think maybe the reason that song is an American classic rock song is because it strikes a chord in all of us. See, most of us know (even if we don't express it this way) that we are not living up to our full redemptive potential. There is SO MUCH more to life than what most of us are living. Jesus says in John 10:10 (my paraphrase), "My purpose is to give you a full life." That means that He came to give us a purpose to live out, both now and for eternity. Jesus is saying, "Baby, you were born to run!" But that begins when Jesus becomes your Boss - your Leader - your Shepherd.
This Sunday at Rocky River Church we are continuing a message series called NEXT LEVEL. This series is all about taking your life with God to the NEXT LEVEL. I hope you'll be here Sunday at 9:00AM or 10:45AM to discover how to "run."
BONUS: I've included the best version ever of "Born To Run" in this post. This is Bruce Springsteen live at Hyde Park in 2009. Enjoy!
Submitted by jimmybritt on Mon, 01/13/2014 - 9:20am.
This is one of my favorite songs, especially when I'm struggling with something in my life. Whenever I feel small compared to the giant I'm facing this song reminds me that God is bigger than any problem I'm facing. I don't know what you might be facing right now, but never forget that God is GOD! He is God alone and He is on His throne. He cannot be stopped. He is bigger than anything you might be dealing with right now.
Submitted by jimmybritt on Sat, 01/11/2014 - 10:40am.
STOP READING RIGHT NOW if you are completely satisfied with your life and you believe you are living your life at the highest level. If you believe you are living the life God created you to live, then back away from this post. If you are living out God's fullest redemptive potential for your life, just go to Facebook and tell us all about it. HOWEVER, if you think you could be a better person, live a fuller life, have a greater faith, and if you believe there is a NEXT LEVEL to reach in your life with God, then keep reading. This is a 90-day spiritual growth plan that will take your life to the NEXT LEVEL. Come on…you can do this!
Submitted by jimmybritt on Sat, 01/11/2014 - 12:37am.
The response to my earlier post about going to the Holy Land in May (2014) has been really good. I decided to post this link that has more of the details about the trip. But again, if you have more questions don't hesitate to shoot me an email to Jimmy@RockyRiverChurch.com. This is going to be a phenomenal trip for Pastors (spouses are welcome!), Church Staff, and Church Leaders and we don't want to go without you. BTW, we only have a few spots left so DON'T WAIT TOO LONG.
Submitted by jimmybritt on Thu, 01/09/2014 - 7:15am.
Lets Go To The NEXT LEVEL!
Hey Rocky River Church. I want to see God move and do amazing things in my life, your life and the life of our church. If you want the same, then take the NEXT LEVEL Challenge with my family and me.
The NEXT LEVEL Challenge is a 90-day spiritual growth campaign. My family has committed to make and keep 7 commitments over the next 90 days that we believe will take our lives to the NEXT LEVEL. We invite you to join us. Here are the 7 commitments:
1. Commit to weekly worship. The Bible says in Hebrews 10:25, “And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.” Make a commitment to worship the LORD and gather with His people on Sundays. If you’re not sick or out of town, be at Rocky River Church – Sundays at 9:00AM or 10:45AM.
2. Read all four Gospels. There is a combined total of 89 chapters in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Read one chapter a day. BibleGateway.com has several audio versions of the Bible. Here’s a link biblegateway.com/resources/audio/. You can also find other electronic versions of the Bible at YouVersion.com.
3. Sign up to participate in a Rock Group (a small group fellowship). In February 2014 we are going to do a church-wide campaign called “What On Earth Am I Here For.” There will be groups all over Cabarrus County for you to connect with. And hey, you can even start your own group. For more information about how to connect with a Rock Group send an email to Donnie@RockyRiverChurch.com.
4. Give a tithe to the LORD. Many of us are struggling financially today. I am convinced that is true because we do not honor God with our money. The word “tithe” is derived from the Hebrew word “ma’aser” and it literally means a tenth. Ten percent of everything belongs to the Lord. In Malachi 3:10-11, God says, “10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test! 11 Your crops will be abundant, for I will guard them from insects and disease. Your grapes will not fall from the vine before they are ripe,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.” The ‘storehouse’ is the Old Testament picture of the New Testament church. So as New Testament believers, we worship the Lord with the tithe or the ten percent.
Here is one more important thing about tithing. As best I can tell, tithing is the only place where God says for us to put Him to the test. He literally says, “Try it! Put Me to the test!” Giving away 10% of your income is a big – and perhaps frightening – commitment. So I’m asking you to put God to the test over the next 90 days and then evaluate your life to see if God has blessed you – or not.
To start tithing, you can giving safely and securely online by going to RockyRiverChurch.com/give and following the simple directions. You can also give on Sundays at the end of our worship services or you can mail in your tithe check to Rocky River Church, PO Box 68, Harrisburg, NC 28075.
5. Sign up to SERVE at Rocky River Church. I’m asking you to give one hour a month each month until Easter. Just sign up to serve wherever you are needed. This is important for several reasons but one of them is that you will never feel like Rocky River Church is your home church until you are connected to a Service Team helping us fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.
6. Participate in one Missions Event over the next 90 days. There will be a number of projects for you to participate in such as our “Gas Buy Down” where we give gas away to single moms and dads in our community.
7. Get physical. While you are getting healthy spiritually I want to challenge you to get healthy physically too. The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, “Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.”
Let me recommend these books to guide you to better physical health:
I believe you will NOT be disappointed by participating in these 7 commitments! I want to encourage you to keep a journal, keeping track of the amazing things God is doing in your life.
The staff and I believe this will be the best and biggest year of growth that Rocky River Church has ever experienced and we are praying the same for your life as well.
BTW, I'd love to know you are taking the challenge so drop me an email at Jimmy@RockyRiverChurch.com.
PS. This Sunday we continue our message series called "NEXT LEVEL LIVING." This series is dedicated to helping you live out your full redemptive potential in life. I hope to see you Sunday at 9:00AM or 10:45. Click here for step-by-step directions from your doorstep to ours. http://rockyriverchurch.com/directions
Submitted by jimmybritt on Mon, 01/06/2014 - 12:10pm.
Hey Rocky River Church and pastor friends. I am going to Israel this May with Nelson Searcy and some other great friends and I would love for you to go with us. The is an all inclusive, DELUXE FIRST CLASS trip to the Holy Land. The cost of the trip is $4,098 per person. Again, the price includes everything from JFK in New York to Israel and back to the US. The dates are May 22-30, 2014. We have opened up a few new spots so you still have time to sign up but don't wait too long.
Here is a link that includes the itinerary for our 9 day tour and some other important information. http://www.churchleaderinsights.com/holyland.
If you want more information about the trip, email me directly at Jimmy@RockyRiverChurch.com.
I can promise you this - it will be a trip you will NEVER forget.
God bless you!
Submitted by jimmybritt on Fri, 01/03/2014 - 10:13am.
Hey Concord, Harrisburg and greater Charlotte Metro area! Rocky River Church is having our first annual Student Conference called "SWAG." This is going to be a great time for students and student leaders to grow their faith and get on the "right track" in 2014. Our speaker is Joe Phillips from Kannapolis, NC. Micole Wallace will be leading us in praise and worship. We will also feature the drama team from Rocky River Church and a couple other special guests. The dates are January 17 and 18. For more information call the church office at 704-796-7625 or send an email to Jason@RockyRiverChurch.com.
FYI, this is a community event so all churches and youth groups are invited to attend.
OH YEAH, this is a FREE event!
Who's Jimmy Britt?
Jimmy Britt is the Lead Pastor at Rocky River Community Church in the Charlotte Metro area. R2C2 is a place for people, no matter who they are or where they’ve been. We are a church for people; that’s it, plain and simple.